David Hille

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: David Hille

Post by boncer34 »

j-mac wrote:
boncer34 wrote:as for Bradley it seems a lot of people now believe he should be given another year.
Normally I respect your views Boncer, but putting aside what we think of each player and I'm not really having a go at you, this goes for everyone - why does Bradley, who has played almost 50 games deserve at least another year, whereas Cartledge, who played less than 10 deserved the arse last year?

Contradiction anyone?

:roll:
I didnt say he did. I said people on here now seem to think he should. Ross answered the question though I believe. Cartledge was a ruckman who showed no potential, Bradley is a wingman whos been played in the backline.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: David Hille

Post by Rossoneri »

boncer34 wrote:
j-mac wrote:
boncer34 wrote:as for Bradley it seems a lot of people now believe he should be given another year.
Normally I respect your views Boncer, but putting aside what we think of each player and I'm not really having a go at you, this goes for everyone - why does Bradley, who has played almost 50 games deserve at least another year, whereas Cartledge, who played less than 10 deserved the arse last year?

Contradiction anyone?

:roll:
I didnt say he did. I said people on here now seem to think he should. Ross answered the question though I believe. Cartledge was a ruckman who showed no potential, Bradley is a wingman whos been played in the backline.
and still shown no potential any of his games, be it in defence attack or the wing.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Get rid of Hille right now.

I dont want him at the club next year.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Was it just me, or did it look like we really got going today when Hille started in the ruck in the last quarter. He was clearly better than Laycock today.

And he chases smaller players...Laycock struggled chasing ruckmen :shock:

I'll keep Hille in preference to Laycock.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Showed a lot more today. Was woeful last week. Much better this week.

Seems to be a problem with our whole side though. Good one week, pathetic the next.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Saints may show intrest in him again this year!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I think I may have jumped the gun. With a new coach coming in, I wonder what he would be like under a different coach.

Thats why I think we may keep Bradley and Dyson for another year, see how they go under a new coach.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Rossoneri wrote:I think I may have jumped the gun. With a new coach coming in, I wonder what he would be like under a different coach.

Thats why I think we may keep Bradley and Dyson for another year, see how they go under a new coach.
Bradley yes, Dyson no... with a question mark over both mark and jason johnson though i wouldn't be surprised that unless a club offers us a genuine trade we will keep dyson for another year.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

I think a change of coach will do the whole side allot of good. Im very critical of sheeds coaching recently, and whilst the players sentimentally wated him there, I bet it would be hard to find anyone who will argue his rotations and match up descisions go pear shaped more often than not, and a more innovative and proactive coach should turn our fortunes quicker than we think.

Malthouse showed last weekend, how its done, as have other coaches such as Bomba, Woosha (despite 3 of the best in the business out of his side) and Clarkson who have their teams up and running. Players must be played into the game, if they are struggling, find them a match up where they can get there hands on the ball and build confidence, whether thats a loose man in defense or in the middle, dont bench them for extended periods or worse still leave them where they are failing like lambs to slaughter.

Hill's tantrum was unproffessional sure, but the fact he spent all that time on the bench rather than being played into the game is the coaching of yesteryear. You cant have players sitting on the pine, the best teams rotate regularly and the best ruck combo's are exactly that ruck COMBO's.

Keep Hill, mark my words a new coach will do the world of good to allot of players struggling at the moment.