Fremantle and Kepler

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

With Bolts likely to go and a question mark over Lee, Bradley may be kept for one more year. Woudlnt want to see too much height leave the club. Maybe the new coach will play him permanently up forward instead of down back.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

With new coach, new culture, all players barring the following should be given one more year

Cole - what the....
Heffernan - thanks Heff - you will always be a part of the greatest team of all time - 2000 premiers
Bolton - time up, game over
Jason Johnson (champion in his day - game past him by)
Mark Johnson (a good average player who has made the most of his talents - on song, a really handy type and a B&F winner - time to have a last hurrah at St Kilda or Bulldogs)
Camporeale - injury killed career
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Windy_Hill wrote:With new coach, new culture, all players barring the following should be given one more year

Cole - what the....
Heffernan - thanks Heff - you will always be a part of the greatest team of all time - 2000 premiers
Mark Johnson (a good average player who has made the most of his talents - on song, a really handy type and a B&F winner - time to have a last hurrah at St Kilda or Bulldogs)
\

When did MJ win a B&F?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

tonysoprano wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:With new coach, new culture, all players barring the following should be given one more year

Cole - what the....
\

When did MJ win a B&F?

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/club/honours.asp
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Rossoneri wrote:They will have pick 5, trade for that. This is freo we are talking about here, they traded a 1st round pick for Tarrant.
I dont think even Freo would be that generous. The highest pick you are going to get for him is somewhere in the third round. I'd take Murphy in a flash.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Bradley looked like a ripper of a player in his first and second seasons but got destroyed as a 20 year old third year playing at CHB on Richo, Fev, Tredrea and Brown behind the worst midfield in the competition. Our supporters were all over him (when they probably should have pointed the finger elsewhere) and mentally he's toast.

The time at Bendigo looks to have turned that around - he will go close to being B&F for the twos. His kicking looked 200% better in that last game and he is much more suited to the forward line. If he hadn't have been pick 6 and hadn't played 40 odd senior games already, we'd all be raving about the 21 year old CHF tearing it up in the twos.

I think he'll flourish under a new coach and I'd be very hesitant to trade him... you'd want to get something pretty good in return.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Keep Kepler for 1 more year, just gotta play him in the right position. But if pick number 5 came out, ill take the trade.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

do not trade Kep yet.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Kep seems to be playing better as a forward. mark and kick through the stick. nice and simple. however with Gumby, Lloyd, Lucas and neagle with Daniher potentially coming, there is no spot for him in the side.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Trade KB for whatever they can get. Our guys are dreaming if they think that can get a first round pick for him. The Roos want to pick him up. If they can get a second round pick then that's more than enough (and we'd be lucky with that). We wasted a first round pick on him, that's our stupid recruiting. Noone else to blame and we're not going to be compensated for it. More likely, we'll be offered a third round pick (which is probably still overvaluing him) and should take it. Perhaps on trade it to get something better.

His only possible position is to play forward (where he doesn't have to kick to another player) and we've already got KP in that area covered. Time to move on, son.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Kepler is mobile, has heart and is in the top 5 for marking ability in our team. He is working on his foot skills which are a problem. Even if you look at the collingwood game (for which he was crucified), before he coughed it up he took a great mark running back with the flight. If he hadn't have fluffed the kick it would have been a great play.

It has been reported on here that he is getting kicking lessons.

Give him another year, play him as a floater between half forward and wing, and see what Knighter can get out of him.

Big men with ticker and mobility who can take a contested grab are really hard to find. We just need to teach him the basics.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

andrewb wrote:Kepler is mobile, has heart and is in the top 5 for marking ability in our team. He is working on his foot skills which are a problem. Even if you look at the collingwood game (for which he was crucified), before he coughed it up he took a great mark running back with the flight. If he hadn't have fluffed the kick it would have been a great play.

Give him another year, play him as a floater between half forward and wing, and see what Knighter can get out of him.

Big men with ticker and mobility who can take a contested grab are really hard to find. We just need to teach him the basics.
That's the problem. My 3 year old son knows the basics better than he does. What's more he can hit a target by foot, granted at a maximum distance of 5 metres but still, that's the basics.

KB has been in the system a hell of a long time for someone who can't play. That's not his fault, but he shouldn't be kept on our list any longer.

Like I said, he's only shown a glimmer of potential when playing up forward, and we've got that covered. No room for him on our list. Better for both (EFC and KB) if there's is a parting of ways.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Boyler_Room wrote:
andrewb wrote:Kepler is mobile, has heart and is in the top 5 for marking ability in our team. He is working on his foot skills which are a problem. Even if you look at the collingwood game (for which he was crucified), before he coughed it up he took a great mark running back with the flight. If he hadn't have fluffed the kick it would have been a great play.

That's the problem. My 3 year old son knows the basics better than he does. What's more he can hit a target by foot, granted at a maximum distance of 5 metres but still, that's the basics.

KB has been in the system a hell of a long time for someone who can't play. That's not his fault, but he shouldn't be kept on our list any longer.

Like I said, he's only shown a glimmer of potential when playing up forward, and we've got that covered. No room for him on our list. Better for both (EFC and KB) if there's is a parting of ways.
Maybe we should sign up your 3 year old eh Boyler... :wink:

Keps is only 22. Keep him for another season and see how he progresses. Signs are good for a Kep revival in 08. The club would be pretty silly to trade him for a second / third round draft pick in a draft that aint so deep...
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Why exactly would we want Murphy - we dont need another forward. Most people agree that Bradley's best position is as a forward, yet we have players ahead of him, Lloyd, Lucas, Gumbelton, Neagle etc... We would end up getting another forward that we don't need.

I would entertain a trade for a pick or a player that we need, i.e. a midfielder. But, I struggle to name a young, decent midfielder on Freo's list.....
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Looks like alot of folks on BT are going to get their wish granted. SEN is reporting that Kep is going to Freo for an as yet undisclosed draft pick. Hope he gets a better run with Freo fans...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Doctor Fish wrote:Looks like alot of folks on BT are going to get their wish granted. SEN is reporting that Kep is going to Freo for an as yet undisclosed draft pick. Hope he gets a better run with Freo fans...
For a late round pick, what a waste.

If its for a second round pick, then I dont mind.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Rossi...I would say if it was for a late round pick, Kep has let the club know that if he wasn't traded he wouldn't sign another deal and would walk in the PSD.

From what I've been reading, Freo were pretty confident of picking him up in the PSD if there was no trade done and that there was no way they would offer their first or second picks.

In all honesty I think Bradley has seen the writing on the wall....he was not going to get a game with us in the forward line when he had the likes of Lloyd, Lucas, Neagle, Gumbleton and possibly Johns all before him in the pecking order.

That or he might just be jack of Essendon and Windy Hill....I mean everyone has sat ideally by for the past 3 years watching Kevin Sheedy slowly go about killing his career by trying to turn him into a CHB.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Exactly, except for the last point. Sheed's did the same thing with Fletcher and he flourished. SO if Sheedy is to be critisised for one thing it is this. Kepler's personality is weaker than Fletcher.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

ealesy wrote:Rossi...I would say if it was for a late round pick, Kep has let the club know that if he wasn't traded he wouldn't sign another deal and would walk in the PSD.

From what I've been reading, Freo were pretty confident of picking him up in the PSD if there was no trade done and that there was no way they would offer their first or second picks.

In all honesty I think Bradley has seen the writing on the wall....he was not going to get a game with us in the forward line when he had the likes of Lloyd, Lucas, Neagle, Gumbleton and possibly Johns all before him in the pecking order.

That or he might just be jack of Essendon and Windy Hill....I mean everyone has sat ideally by for the past 3 years watching Kevin Sheedy slowly go about killing his career by trying to turn him into a CHB.
Trade him to the dogs, or find out if they are interested in him. They have pick 19 now.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Essendon4eva wrote: Kepler's personality is weaker than Fletcher.
How the f*** do you know that...making shit up now are you or do you personally know both Kepler or Fletcher??

Just because Kepler was not able to thrive in a position where he had never played football before does not mean he has a weak personality for f*** sake!!

Also Sheedy also didn't make Fletcher bulk up and put on 12kg on muscle in one pre-season robbing him of his speed, agility and stamina like he did to Bradley.

Do you really think that Fletcher would have had the career he did if Sheedy forced him to continue playing FB/CHB if he constantly got ripped to shreads every single game every single week, robbing him of all his confidence in his own ability, hell no.

The only similarity Fletcher and Bradley had was that they were, both tall, gangly and unco.

Apparently everyone could see that apart from Sheedy who was determined he had the next Dustin Fletcher on his hands and was determined to turn him into a key position defender even when it was clear he simply could not perform that role.