Congratulations or Happy Birthday Thread.

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Congratulations or Happy Birthday Thread.

Post by paddyl90 »

Just thought we could have a thread where people can post exciting news that they wish to share with fellow bombertalkers e.g. births, birthdays etc. It doesn't have to be personal it could be to do with the club, players and wives/ partners or any random person you like.

Well I'll start. How anal of me :P Happy Birthday to me. 17 today! (15/12) If the time was correct on this thing :roll: Getting old :roll:

Anybody else have a birthday or births coming up or weddings etc. that they wish to share with everyone?

Random thought I know but lets see if you like the idea? :lol:
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Not a bad idea...happy birthday!
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

My sister got married yesterday (14/12)
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Our twin girls turned nine yesterday (14/12) and today (15/12) is our 13th Wedding Anniversary.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

I had a productive day at work yesterday...hooray me!!

On a more serious note....happy birthday and congratulations to everyone who actually deserve them. :D
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Happy B day Patrick!
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Thanks Megan and everyone :D Had an awesome day geting thrown around in torrential rain at Luna Park rides which was heaps of fun :wink: Then tonight saw the Tigers defeat Dragons so was a great day trudging around Melbourne.

Congratulations billyduckworth :) Busy time of year eh :wink: :)
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Happy Birthday mate
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Happy Birthday!
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

LOL Thanks people. I didn't design this thread for myself :lol: Anybody got news? God.. I sound so nosey :roll:
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I got made permanent at work.... that's about it, really.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

And well done to you :D COngratulations. LOL talk about sharing the love :lol: well it Christmas time :roll:
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked. I've had some pretty shitty luck on the job front in the last year and I've completely changed industries, so it's a pretty good christmas present!

Thanks!
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

Hello to all and a very merry christmas period! Hubby and I have both been around everyday checking out what is happening in the wonderful world of BT just had lots of stress on our shoulders as we found out that our much wanted third pregnancy was in a LOT of trouble and were sent home with a four week wait til the hospital could do another "viabilty test". Been many tears and sleepless nights since and haven't posted due to the lack of sounding coherent. Well finally yesterday we got the good news and it's very good! So I just wanted to wish everyone well for the holiday season, apologise for seeming like we broke an ankle jumping off the bandwagon lol (assure you all we have not! just received our membership pack last week, same seats as always for us and the boys) and really wanted to share our good news. Kindest possible wishes to all!!!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Lenni, I'm sorry you had to go through so much heartache, but it sounds like the outcome will be good. Congrats!
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Great news, Lenni. We had some difficult pregnancies too, so I know exactly what it can be like.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Hi Lenni, sorry to hear about your troubles but it good that you've finally got some good news, particularly at this time of year.

My wife's pregnant with our first, due in late Feb, so we are getting very excited. But but every since the end of the first trimester when the morning sickness disappered, my wife's pregnancy has gone completely uneventfully, so much so that she sometimes forgets that she is pregnant.

Wishing you and everyone else at BT the best of luck, a Merry Christmas and great New Year.
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

Thank you to keri, billy and ealesy for all the kind words. And to Ealesy, CONGRATS!!! first is always scary. Must say that I was excited by our good result but hubby (Al) was having the best day ever, good result on pregnancy and a new work ute! LOL. Ute gets picked up today. He's like a kid in a candy store.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Lenni wrote:Thank you to keri, billy and ealesy for all the kind words. And to Ealesy, CONGRATS!!! first is always scary.
Hmmm...not really finding it scary, just exciting.

I'm getting the sense that we might be loaded up with stuff for the baby from my Mum at Christmas this year.

It's her first grandchild and I think she is getting even more excited than us.

She's a bit of a nutbar though, 6 months before my wife got pregnant she bought a sewing machine in the off chance she might have a grandchild soon who she could make clothes for.

The when we tell her that my wife is pregnant she makes some comment about not being sure she is ready to be a grandparent.

Now I think we are going have to beat her away with sticks to stop her from kidnapping our child every chance she gets.

Oh and I'm really looking forward to chasing my father around with a baby in a pooey nappy trying to force him to change it, seeing as how he likes to boast that with me and my sister he only ever changed one nappy, as if that is something to be proud of!!
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

Ealesy, that's so fantastic that you have such a great network, and yes, we were SSSOOOOO excited and then our first was born and it was like 'oh. right, well what do we do now, if we make one tiny little mistake we really could kill this ridiculously small human. I don't think these doctors and nurses understand who they are entrusting with a small person!" LOL. but we got through and survived, as did now healthly 7 and a half year old! The funniest part was that I had to have an emergency ceaser so whilst in recovery Al was left holding the baby and bub started to cry so the nurse said "sing to him" Als response to that was "what do I sing" so the nurse suggested maybe a nursery ryhme but he knew none so the first song our son ever heard was...... "See the Bombers fly up, up....." and it shows today, he just bleeds red and black!