Alan Richardson $1.25 to be next coach.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ossie
Club Captain

Re: Alan Richardson $1.25 to be next coach.

Post by Ossie »

ealesy wrote:
bueller wrote:One name that hasn't been mentioned who i think could almost be talked about in the same breath as James Hird.
Another ex champion of the club who has recently retired, and also works in the media.
I thinkhis ideas on the game are refreshing and inciteful and to me is a coach in waiting.

His name is Matthew Lloyd.

Why hasnt' he been talked about? or does everyone think that he'd be too attack oriented due to being an ex full forward and therefore would not be suited to what the club requires in a coach.
He gave Will Young a plasma TV for his defensive game last week even though he only got 2 kicks, so its obvious he thinks long and hard about the defensive part of the game and knows how important it is.

Does anyone know of or heard of Lloyds future intentions in relation to coaching in general? It surprises me that if an ex champion like Hird gets talked about as being the saviour of our club even though he's never coached before, that Lloyd doesn't even rate a mention
Same issues as Hird, no previous coaching experience, other interests, plus then their is also the added factors such as only being out of the game for a year, I've think I heard someone ask him and he stated that at this stage he has absolutely no interest in any coaching role, apart from what he does with the AIS.

I think it will be far more likely that James Hird will one day be President of Essendon rather than Senior coach.
Agree. Also, Lloydy is a dumbarse. Love the guy, had his number on my jumper for a decade, but he's hardly going to be a tactical mastermind.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.