US conservatism & Nazism

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
temporary stevo
On the Rookie List

US conservatism & Nazism

Post by temporary stevo »

Bush has been compared with Hitler, but even if that's tendentious, there's certainly a large number of people who seem to sympathise with Hitler:
In U.S., fear and distrust of Muslims runs deep

By Bernd Debusmann, Special Correspondent

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- When radio host Jerry Klein suggested that all Muslims in the United States should be identified with a crescent-shape tattoo or a distinctive arm band, the phone lines jammed instantly.

The first caller to the station in Washington said that Klein must be "off his rocker." The second congratulated him and added: "Not only do you tattoo them in the middle of their forehead but you ship them out of this country ... they are here to kill us."

Another said that tattoos, armbands and other identifying markers such as crescent marks on driver's licenses, passports and birth certificates did not go far enough. "What good is identifying them?" he asked. "You have to set up encampments like during World War Two with the Japanese and Germans."

At the end of the one-hour show, rich with arguments on why visual identification of "the threat in our midst" would alleviate the public's fears, Klein revealed that he had staged a hoax. It drew out reactions that are not uncommon in post-9/11 America.

"I can't believe any of you are sick enough to have agreed for one second with anything I said," he told his audience on the AM station 630 WMAL (http://www.wmal.com/), which covers Washington, Northern Virginia and Maryland

"For me to suggest to tattoo marks on people's bodies, have them wear armbands, put a crescent moon on their driver's license on their passport or birth certificate is disgusting. It's beyond disgusting.

"Because basically what you just did was show me how the German people allowed what happened to the Jews to happen ... We need to separate them, we need to tattoo their arms, we need to make them wear the yellow Star of David, we need to put them in concentration camps, we basically just need to kill them all because they are dangerous."

The show aired on November 26, the Sunday after the Thanksgiving holiday, and Klein said in an interview afterwards he had been surprised by the response.

"The switchboard went from empty to totally jammed within minutes," said Klein. "There were plenty of callers angry with me, but there were plenty who agreed."

Those in agreement are not a fringe minority: A Gallup poll this summer of more than 1,000 Americans showed that 39 percent were in favor of requiring Muslims in the United States, including American citizens, to carry special identification.

Roughly a quarter of those polled said they would not want to live next door to a Muslim and a third thought that Muslims in the United States sympathized with al Qaeda, the extremist group behind the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington.

A poll carried out by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), an advocacy group, found that for one in three Americans, the word Islam triggers negative connotations such as "war," "hatred" and "terrorist." The war in Iraq has contributed to such perceptions.
http://today.reuters.com/news/ArticleNe ... ticlePage3
(i didn't quote the whole article, so read on)

Further comments: http://praguetwin.blogspot.com/2006/12/ ... eturn.html
Well Jerry [the radio show host], not only do many agree, but they would take it several steps further. I'm sure plenty of people would just round up all the Muslims, put them against the wall and open fire, you know, just in case.

When I think about these things, I can't help but to think about Osama Bin Laden's stated goal of "transforming America into a shell of it's former self." It is just this kind of reaction that Bin Laden wants so desperately. He wants us to abandon our goals of equality under the law, tolerance, and forgiveness and turn us into savage animals that would kill innocents because they are the same race, or follow the same religion as the guilty. Essentially, he wants us to be more like him.

Well it looks like we are on our way.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Any nation that could vote twice for Bush....well how can it surprise us that this type of thing could happen over in the land of the Burger Bum.

My dear old Dad....82 in January....fought against the Nazi's....he was there and lived through all this in the 30's and 40's.

So when he says to me that what has happened in the US in the past 6 years and the methods that the Rodent uses (watch for an Anti-Muslim campaign here next year...the dog whistles have started to the red necks like Wankervelli who would have been right at home in Berlin '39) are exactly the same he saw 60 years ago....well you have to take notice...history repeats and all that.

The more things change, the less they do. :x
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

That is some terrifying shit. Pauline Hanson revealed here that using some of the Nazi's methods were successful.
bomber_girl
High Draft Pick

Post by bomber_girl »

That is f****** scary.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

I was going to make a comment on the other post about the Bill O'Reilly program but now that this item has popped up I think it's more relevant here

After listening to that O'Reilly crap and the response from that other so called expert... Wendy Murphy was it? I was going to comment that I used to wonder how an intelligent race of people like the Germans could allow themselves to be taken in and then manipulated like they were by the monster that was Hitler. Now I wonder no more. Filthy's comments about what his 82 year old father has said says it all for me. Frightening!... truly frightening.

But worst of all for Australians is that the Rodent thinks that the Sun shines out of the backside of this new monster and the administration that he heads up. History will not be kind to George W. Bush. He will surely go down as the worst, most dangerous and frightening U.S. President ever; you can put your house on that. Even the Andrew Bolt's of this world will find that prediction hard to deny....although deny it they probably will....but deep down they will know better.
temporary stevo
On the Rookie List

pevfan wrote:Even the Andrew Bolt's of this world will find that prediction hard to deny....although deny it they probably will....but deep down they will know better.
oh, he'll deny it alright. have you read his denials of the atrocities committed by Augusto Pinochet? 3000 killed, ten times that number tortured... but apparently he had nothing to do with destroying Chile's democracy. :shock:
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

pevfan wrote:I was going to make a comment on the other post about the Bill O'Reilly program but now that this item has popped up I think it's more relevant here

After listening to that O'Reilly crap and the response from that other so called expert... Wendy Murphy was it? I was going to comment that I used to wonder how an intelligent race of people like the Germans could allow themselves to be taken in and then manipulated like they were by the monster that was Hitler. Now I wonder no more. Filthy's comments about what his 82 year old father has said says it all for me. Frightening!... truly frightening.

But worst of all for Australians is that the Rodent thinks that the Sun shines out of the backside of this new monster and the administration that he heads up. History will not be kind to George W. Bush. He will surely go down as the worst, most dangerous and frightening U.S. President ever; you can put your house on that. Even the Andrew Bolt's of this world will find that prediction hard to deny....although deny it they probably will....but deep down they will know better.
WW2 started at the Versailles Treaty in 1919 Pevfan prompting a 20 yr half time. In that time the worst Depression in history occurred and the latent European anti-semitism (century's old) bore fruit under the rantings and ravings of Hitler that Jews stabbed the Germans in the back in 1918. They were his "Tampa"...scapegoats if you like.

You must remember Hitler never got enough votes for an absolute majority in the Reichstag and was appointed Chancellor by Bismarck reluctantly just before he died. Then the Reichstag Building "mysteriously" burnt down, Hitler blamed the Jews, Communists and Social Democrats and declared martial law and the rest is now history.

The Rodent has learnt the politics of fear and scapegoats and the power of the lie very well.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Filth, I am a big fan of yours both for footy and politics, but no, Hindenburg appointed Hitler, not Bismark who was long long dead.

As for Bush he is already history, reviled in his own country, hopefully Australian voters will vote the Rodent out of office before long. Hopefully in a democraty the politics of fear, lie and deceit can only work a short time.
Red and Black Forever
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

You shake your head when you realise how much of this was all a matter of timing. If 'it' happened on 11/9/98 when Clinton was still in office, i've no doubt the world would be a significantly better place. Unfortunately, 'it' happened at a time when there was a guy in office named George W. Bush, and we've all witnessed the consequences that have followed over the last 5 years.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

spikefan wrote:Filth, I am a big fan of yours both for footy and politics, but no, Hindenburg appointed Hitler, not Bismark who was long long dead.

As for Bush he is already history, reviled in his own country, hopefully Australian voters will vote the Rodent out of office before long. Hopefully in a democraty the politics of fear, lie and deceit can only work a short time.
Silly mistake Spike....a senior moment! :wink:
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

jimmyc1985 wrote: If 'it' happened on 11/9/98 when Clinton was still in office, i've no doubt the world would be a significantly better place. Unfortunately, 'it' happened at a time when there was a guy in office named George W. Bush, and we've all witnessed the consequences that have followed over the last 5 years.
Yes and no. Of course, Clinton would have handled it better than Bush (not saying much). But then again, in some ways I am amazed that Bush hasn't done worse things. I remember thinking just after 9/11 that he'll probably order the nuking (or noocling or however he says it) of every person in the world wearing a turban or having a beard (sorry Sikhs, but George W doesn't know the difference).

I know he has ordered the invasion of both Iraq and Afghanistan but it's amazing he hasn't also invaded Iran, Syria & maybe even North Korea. I suppose that means there must at least be someone in the administration with the brains (and the balls) to advise him against this (maybe Condoleza, though I'm not convinced about her).

Thank God the USA has the rule of no more than two terms (8 years) so Bush will be gone soon (bring on Hillary, I say). Meanwhile, here in the 51st state, we are stuck with Little Johnny until who knows when!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I don't profess to know how American politics works or is run, but isn't the President the puppet of the Generals that sit behind them? Their foreign policy is highly ideological - both Democrat & Republican. I find the Republicans are, and have been maniacs in foreign policy over many, many years. Bush is a puppet and appears maniacle, but none more so than that blithering Republican idiot, Ronald Reagan.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

No Benny, Bush is not the puppet of the generals: the US Military is really professional and quite moderate, they hate to see kids blown up to pieces in Iraq. This is why so many retired generals strongly asked for the departure of Rumsfeld and completely despise Bush.

Bush Jr. backing is much more sinister with the like of Cheney, Rumsfeld who are right wing defense industry businessmen and the so called neocons a very ideological, emotional and incompetent bunch.

As for Reagan, I agree he was a blithering idiot but many Americans remember that he brought back inflation from 18% to 3 % and when he confronted the Soviet Union, he negociated with Gorbachev and won. Compared to Bush that's spelled success.
Red and Black Forever
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Did any of you hear about the decision made recently by the council of Tamworth (NSW) with regard to a proposal to settle five families from Sudan in the town.

The majority vote of the council was that they didn't want them in their town as they had no skills, couldn't speak English and wouldn't "fit in"

Some councillors spoke quite strongly in favour of the people coming to the town but were unsuccessful.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
temporary stevo
On the Rookie List

Swoodley, yes, i made reference to it in another thread: http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?p=22443#22443
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

temporary stevo wrote:Swoodley, yes, i made reference to it in another thread: http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?p=22443#22443
Thanks Stevo...I've been away for the last 4-5 days and I'm only now just catching up
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

spikefan wrote:As for Reagan, I agree he was a blithering idiot but many Americans remember that he brought back inflation from 18% to 3 % and when he confronted the Soviet Union, he negociated with Gorbachev and won. Compared to Bush that's spelled success.
He also got the world on the brink of nuclear disaster when he psychotically said "we begin bombing in 5 minutes" which was overheard by a Soviet "intelligence officer" with his finger on the button.

I'm sure the Republicans breed these maniacs by some cloning process.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

We can probably agree on that but you are generous: Bush Grandpa was rather OK (Friend of FDR), Bush father barely tolerable, Bush son a disgrace to America and the world. The trend is not encouraging...
Red and Black Forever
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Just a little tid bit of info for you spikefan re Grandpa Bush...Prescott Bush was his name and among other things it turns out he was a banker to Hitler.

The good ol US were quite prepared to do business with the Third Reich you know, When you look into US history, you soon learn that a lot of what they tell the world about how wonderful they are, simply does not stand up to any sort of detailed scrutiny.

You only have to look at their history. What was their civil war fought over, the bloodiest war in all their history, more lives lost in that war than all their other wars combined...why the right to enslave people of course!! And you only have to look at the events in New Orleans last year to see that not a lot has changed when it comes to good ol US Racism.

WW1, the yanks only came into it in 1917 when literally all the other waring nations had bled themselves dry and then under the virtual leadership of Woodrow Wilson, the League of Nations completely stuffed up the so called peace deal that was the Versailles treaty which led us all into.....

WW2. Once again, the yanks kept their beak out of it for the first 3 years/ Not entering it until they themselves were attacked at Pearl harbour on Dec, 7th, 1941 and 3 days later Hitler declared war on them as well, It took until November 1942 for the yanks to enter the war in Europe, by which time the Germans were all but beaten at Stalingrad and Montgomery had Rommel on the run in Nth Africa. But then of course we have been hearing ever since then how America won the war for us all/

But of course the greatest thing they did was save Australias bacon wasn't it? And we've never heard the end of it since have we.....After they sat back for 3 years and watched what is virtually stiill their mother nation in Britain all but go under, (the Brits were within a couple of months of starving to death when the Battle of the Atlantic was going all Germany's way) And the only thing that saved them was Hitlers stupidity in turning his attack on Russia. But when Australia was attacked by the Japs the Yanks said... Oh Quick lets run to Australia's aid, don't worry about Britain lets save Australia...Of course it had nothing to do with the fact the Yanks desperately needed a base in the Pacific after Japan had virtually taken control of everywhere else in the region.

Then there was the Vietnam war, their escapades in Latin America and now of course the hopeless mess that is Iraq.

And yet we still look up to America as the font of all that is pure and righteous in the world...Lord help us is all I can add.
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Re: US conservatism & Nazism

Post by Makaveli »

temporary stevo wrote:Bush has been compared with Hitler, but even if that's tendentious, there's certainly a large number of people who seem to sympathise with Hitler:
In U.S., fear and distrust of Muslims runs deep

By Bernd Debusmann, Special Correspondent

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- When radio host Jerry Klein suggested that all Muslims in the United States should be identified with a crescent-shape tattoo or a distinctive arm band, the phone lines jammed instantly.

The first caller to the station in Washington said that Klein must be "off his rocker." The second congratulated him and added: "Not only do you tattoo them in the middle of their forehead but you ship them out of this country ... they are here to kill us."

Another said that tattoos, armbands and other identifying markers such as crescent marks on driver's licenses, passports and birth certificates did not go far enough. "What good is identifying them?" he asked. "You have to set up encampments like during World War Two with the Japanese and Germans."

At the end of the one-hour show, rich with arguments on why visual identification of "the threat in our midst" would alleviate the public's fears, Klein revealed that he had staged a hoax. It drew out reactions that are not uncommon in post-9/11 America.

"I can't believe any of you are sick enough to have agreed for one second with anything I said," he told his audience on the AM station 630 WMAL (http://www.wmal.com/), which covers Washington, Northern Virginia and Maryland

"For me to suggest to tattoo marks on people's bodies, have them wear armbands, put a crescent moon on their driver's license on their passport or birth certificate is disgusting. It's beyond disgusting.

"Because basically what you just did was show me how the German people allowed what happened to the Jews to happen ... We need to separate them, we need to tattoo their arms, we need to make them wear the yellow Star of David, we need to put them in concentration camps, we basically just need to kill them all because they are dangerous."

The show aired on November 26, the Sunday after the Thanksgiving holiday, and Klein said in an interview afterwards he had been surprised by the response.

"The switchboard went from empty to totally jammed within minutes," said Klein. "There were plenty of callers angry with me, but there were plenty who agreed."

Those in agreement are not a fringe minority: A Gallup poll this summer of more than 1,000 Americans showed that 39 percent were in favor of requiring Muslims in the United States, including American citizens, to carry special identification.

Roughly a quarter of those polled said they would not want to live next door to a Muslim and a third thought that Muslims in the United States sympathized with al Qaeda, the extremist group behind the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington.

A poll carried out by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), an advocacy group, found that for one in three Americans, the word Islam triggers negative connotations such as "war," "hatred" and "terrorist." The war in Iraq has contributed to such perceptions.
http://today.reuters.com/news/ArticleNe ... ticlePage3
(i didn't quote the whole article, so read on)

Further comments: http://praguetwin.blogspot.com/2006/12/ ... eturn.html
Well Jerry [the radio show host], not only do many agree, but they would take it several steps further. I'm sure plenty of people would just round up all the Muslims, put them against the wall and open fire, you know, just in case.

When I think about these things, I can't help but to think about Osama Bin Laden's stated goal of "transforming America into a shell of it's former self." It is just this kind of reaction that Bin Laden wants so desperately. He wants us to abandon our goals of equality under the law, tolerance, and forgiveness and turn us into savage animals that would kill innocents because they are the same race, or follow the same religion as the guilty. Essentially, he wants us to be more like him.

Well it looks like we are on our way.

How can Bush be compared to Hitler.
Hitlers policies were made to destroy the jews.
Bush's policies are made 'for' the jews.