Heath Hocking

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Heath Hocking

Post by DYSON#2 »

Will debut against blues!

i think, i hope :? yeah he will
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Source?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Sheedy said he will play (though even I doubt the credibility on that).
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Rossoneri wrote:Sheedy said he will play (though even I doubt the credibility on that).
30 minutes on the ground, 90 minutes on the bench.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

You expect in his first AFL game to play the entire game? Give me a break. It is his first game, so give him a taste, not the entire glass.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

ealesy wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Sheedy said he will play (though even I doubt the credibility on that).
30 minutes on the ground, 90 minutes on the bench.
Try 15 mins on the ground. Then his stats will be guaranteed to be so shit that Sheeds has to drop him. Always the way.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Essendon4eva wrote:You expect in his first AFL game to play the entire game? Give me a break. It is his first game, so give him a taste, not the entire glass.
maybe not the entire game - but 75% wouldn't be too much to ask
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Well deserved.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

And if he gets 75% adn does nothing, there will be a heap of threads bashing the young kids. This kid isn't a top5 draft pick or anything like that. He will get a taste of AFL football, then go back to the VFL and be ready to get another go. I support that way of introducing players into the AFL system. There is a huge jump from VFL to AFL.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Essendon4eva wrote:And if he gets 75% adn does nothing, there will be a heap of threads bashing the young kids. This kid isn't a top5 draft pick or anything like that. He will get a taste of AFL football, then go back to the VFL and be ready to get another go. I support that way of introducing players into the AFL system. There is a huge jump from VFL to AFL.
Show me one thread were we have bashed a kid?
f***, we made an appreciation to Gumby and Hislop on their first games, despite them doing nothing special.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

KaaN10 wrote:Well deserved.
Got a look at him in pre season intraclub.......looked good. Hope he's able to step up for the last three.

Was kind of hoping that he would have had a run before round 19.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Rossoneri wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:And if he gets 75% adn does nothing, there will be a heap of threads bashing the young kids. This kid isn't a top5 draft pick or anything like that. He will get a taste of AFL football, then go back to the VFL and be ready to get another go. I support that way of introducing players into the AFL system. There is a huge jump from VFL to AFL.
f***, we made an appreciation to Gumby and Hislop on their first games, despite them doing nothing special.
I remember a thread bashing Lovett and Dyson. SOmeone plays well we love them, they get in a slump they are lazy etc etc.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Lovett is 25, hardly a kid.

Dyson has been around for three to four years.

You said that if Hocking played crap this week that we will start a thread having a go at him. Name a thread in which we bagged a player in his first year?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I dind't specify it had to be a first year kid? It is lovett's third season. Young in footy years mate. Can't take someone off the rookie list and expect them to play like a 100 game players because he is 25. So he was a young players bashed, by members here.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Essendon4eva wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
I remember a thread bashing Lovett and Dyson. SOmeone plays well we love them, they get in a slump they are lazy etc etc.
lovett got bashed because he is downright selfish and slack.

dyson wasnt bashed - but genuinely and fairly analysed as a player most expected more from but unfortunately hadn't delivered
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Exactly my point on Lovett. early when he played well he was praised, but now he is off a bit and he is bashed. Thanks for proving my point.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Been in the system long enough to know that you actually have to run the other way and lay some tackles.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Essendon4eva wrote:I dind't specify it had to be a first year kid? It is lovett's third season. Young in footy years mate. Can't take someone off the rookie list and expect them to play like a 100 game players because he is 25. So he was a young players bashed, by members here.
I am one of those who made comment (as distinct from bashed) regarding Lovett's performance and I'd like you to tell me which part of the following is bashing as distinct from making an objective comment based on observation of his performance.

Sunday was a typical performance from Lovett circa 2006-2007. He did a few flashy things, chased on occasion but generally did not put in the required effort.

His approach was too lackadaisical and as I mentioned in another post, I think he should be dropped to Bendigo for the rest of the year and be asked to figure out whether or not he really wants to be a top flight AFL player (and whether or not he is prepared to put in the effort required)

This is about his attitude and that has not been up to AFL standard this year or most of last year.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Essendon4eva wrote:Exactly my point on Lovett. early when he played well he was praised, but now he is off a bit and he is bashed. Thanks for proving my point.
you love "proving" things don't you E4E?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Typical 'tonysoprano' Ignores the argument when you get proven wrong.