MJ and Kepler gone

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

MJ and Kepler gone

Post by Rossoneri »

Knights said on 3AW apparently that the two of them wont be there next year.

MJ was told we dont need him (not in so many words) and Kepler wont sign up.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Re: MJ and Kepler gone

Post by uptick »

Rossoneri wrote:Knights said on 3AW apparently that the two of them wont be there next year.

MJ was told we dont need him (not in so many words) and Kepler wont sign up.
f***, not so surprised about MJ, but Kepler, are you saying that the club wants him but he refuses to stay ??, is that what Knights was describing ??
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Huge! In one respect i'm happy Pev stays because he had the best year of the 3, but Kepler...geeesh, i would've liked him to sign for a year or two to see how things go in the absence of Sheeds. Sounds like a fait accompli that he'll be going back to WA with Freo in the PSD, and given how low-ball their offer of pick #56 was to us last week, it sounds like Freo knew it was going to come to this a while ago.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Huge! In one respect i'm happy Pev stays because he had the best year of the 3, but Kepler...geeesh, i would've liked him to sign for a year or two to see how things go in the absence of Sheeds. Sounds like a fait accompli that he'll be going back to WA with Freo in the PSD, and given how low-ball their offer of pick #56 was to us last week, it sounds like Freo knew it was going to come to this a while ago.
There are 6 teams before Freo, hopefully someone latces onto him. Richmond, Melbourne and Bulldogs will definitely look at him.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

The club should have talked to him before the draft to find out his intentions.

If they knew he was going to walk then why not take some sort of compensation.

Even a 4th round pick is better than nothing.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

rama_fan wrote:The club should have talked to him before the draft to find out his intentions.

yeah thats true.. a number 6 pick will be turning out of napier street for NOTHING, ZERO ZILCH!
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

rama_fan wrote:The club should have talked to him before the draft to find out his intentions.

It's called payback......something we're not so good at dealing with.

Hopefully the new board will learn, but I won't be holding my breath.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

As much as Im a bit disappointed to see Kepler leave now, Matty Knights did an excellent job explaining why in a clear logical way.
"I said to Kepler that we've got (Matthew) Lloyd, (Scott) Lucas, (Scott) Gumbleton, (Jay) Neagle and (Courtney) Johns that are probably going to be playing up front or given opportunities. I believe Kepler is a forward, so I didn't think his opportunities were going to be with our club, and I had to tell him that."
Can't argue with that.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Story from theage.com.au this morning

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/dons- ... 84396.html
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Happy he's (KB) off the list, I'm a little disappointed the club was too short sighted to not get anything for him though.

Disappointed to see MJ go but he has had a couple of poor seasons now. Has shown some very good signs only when played in the forward line as a bit of a pinch hitting small forward, but those cameos were few and far between. I hope another club picks him up, even if it's just so he can get over the line with 200 games (needs 6 more). I do hope he's able to revitalise his game at another club. I enjoyed watching him play hard, tough footy.

Lachlan McKinnon was also told his services won't be required in season 2008.

Those three, along with Cole, are our delistings to date.

Adelaide's list of Perrie, Bode, Torney is a big one. All too old to come to our club, but Bode was the big surprise for me on that list.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant