2024 Draft

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

2024 Draft

Post by grassy1 »

Not just Essendon,but every Club -

As many budding Claremont Champions as possible please!

Of course,they'll complain they'll need a bigger zone than the ginormous one they already have,....

Stuff what I said before,grab the Subi areas back,I said they should lose!

8) :lol:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Re: 2024 Draft

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:55 pm Not just Essendon,but every Club -

Of course,they'll complain they'll need a bigger zone than the ginormous one they already have,....

Who’s in the sump over there grass?

Anyone of note that could be at
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:22 pm

To be honest Windy,all the AFL's "Look at us"charades doesn't get me too interested in the draft and trade week much now.My attitude is to look it up on Wiki when it's alldone and dusted.

If you want a name,Dan Curtin's brother whose name escapes right now,might be of interest to a few suitors.

Check up the Draft Camp participants.Usually a lot of 'em there,though not all of them.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:41 am
Windy Hille wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:22 pm

To be honest Windy,all the AFL's "Look at us"charades doesn't get me too interested in the draft and trade week much now.My attitude is to look it up on Wiki when it's alldone and dusted.

If you want a name,Dan Curtin's brother whose 1st name escapes me right now,might be of interest to a few suitors.

Check up the Draft Camp participants.Usually a lot of 'em there,though not all of them.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Rosa has stated that we will have 3-4 picks in the coming draft.

This means pick 9 or 31 will be used on Kako (depending on the need to match any bids from other teams).

So to do this, we need to get another pick. Presumably from trading Stringer. Media thinks we would only get a 3rd round pick for him (GWS’s 53 or 56). Frankly, I think he is worth more (like GWS's 2nd round pick #32... as they have 3 first round pick, this is way down the priority for them).

There is also a rumor that we would trade our pick 9 for two of GWS's first round picks. Possibly #16 and 21... though we would need to sweeten the deal with next year's 2nd round pick.

Otherwise we would likely be making a rookie pick ... unless there is an ace we have been keeping off the radar from everyone else that we can snare with pick 79.

Why? Simples. Rookies only need to be contracted for one year, main draft picks need to be contracted for 2 and we have enough deadweight on the list without bringing more in.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:08 pm Rosa has stated that we will have 3-4 picks in the coming draft.

This means pick 9 or 31 will be used on Kako (depending on the need to match any bids from other teams).

So to do this, we need to get another pick. Presumably from trading Stringer. Media thinks we would only get a 3rd round pick for him (GWS’s 53 or 56). Frankly, I think he is worth more (like GWS's 2nd round pick #32... as they have 3 first round pick, this is way down the priority for them).

There is also a rumor that we would trade our pick 9 for two of GWS's first round picks. Possibly #16 and 21... though we would need to sweeten the deal with next year's 2nd round pick.

Otherwise we would likely be making a rookie pick ... unless there is an ace we have been keeping off the radar from everyone else that we can snare with pick 79.

Why? Simples. Rookies only need to be contracted for one year, main draft picks need to be contracted for 2 and we have enough deadweight on the list without bringing more in.
It's gotten a bit ugly for us lately, with Kako allegedly having other suitors.
I'm waiting for trade period to be over to see what hand we've got, and then we'll have to consider Live Trading on draft night.
Can't see us having 4 picks. And even if we get 3, the 3rd will probably be a "hail mary" anyway. Unless we trade out of pick 9. I'm going to be quite annoyed I think, if we do that.

About Stringer. I reckon GWS pick 37 is probably fair.
Pick 53 is a poor deal for us. But it's what we'll accept unless GWS feel benevolent.
The point is that we've effectively said we can do without him. So would would we care to keep him? And pick 53 or pick 37 aren't going to "replace" him. So whatever we get for him is largely irrelevant except for whatever points it brings for a Kako bid.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

nudder12 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:28 pm
s'dreams wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:08 pm Rosa has stated that we will have 3-4 picks in the coming draft.

It's gotten a bit ugly for us lately, with Kako allegedly having other suitors.
I'm waiting for trade period to be over to see what hand we've got, and then we'll have to consider Live Trading on draft night.
Can't see us having 4 picks. And even if we get 3, the 3rd will probably be a "hail mary" anyway. Unless we trade out of pick 9. I'm going to be quite annoyed I think, if we do that.

About Stringer. I reckon GWS pick 37 is probably fair.
Pick 53 is a poor deal for us. But it's what we'll accept unless GWS feel benevolent.
The point is that we've effectively said we can do without him. So would would we care to keep him? And pick 53 or pick 37 aren't going to "replace" him. So whatever we get for him is largely irrelevant except for whatever points it brings for a Kako bid.
Played out as expected in terms of trade. But numbered and points mean risks are there if not bidded.

:?