Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:32 am So the vaxxed weren’t getting seriously ill, only the unvaxxed?
pretty much
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Now no one is medically exempt. My Doctor cannot get me an exemption because now there are none. For those who are vulnerable for whatever reason medically or otherwise, simply have to tough it out. Sadly, some people do not understand and blame the un-vaxed for spreading the virus. When actually anyone can spread the virus both the vaxed and unvaxed.

No one has any idea when this may end. So, it is a matter of everyone being sensible, taking care of self and others. That's a big ask I know.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

mdso wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:18 pm Now no one is medically exempt. My Doctor cannot get me an exemption because now there are none. For those who are vulnerable for whatever reason medically or otherwise, simply have to tough it out. Sadly, some people do not understand and blame the un-vaxed for spreading the virus. When actually anyone can spread the virus both the vaxed and unvaxed.

No one has any idea when this may end. So, it is a matter of everyone being sensible, taking care of self and others. That's a big ask I know.
Not sure what you mean. A medical contraindication is a reason for exemption. I don’t believe that has changed…
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Any wonder we keep our Borders Shut?

If I had my way,they’d be Shut until December 31,2026. :-"
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:10 pm
mdso wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:18 pm Now no one is medically exempt. My Doctor cannot get me an exemption because now there are none. For those who are vulnerable for whatever reason medically or otherwise, simply have to tough it out. Sadly, some people do not understand and blame the un-vaxed for spreading the virus. When actually anyone can spread the virus both the vaxed and unvaxed.

Not sure what you mean. A medical contraindication is a reason for exemption. I don’t believe that has changed…

It has changed, now no one is entitled to an exemption, on any medical grounds now. That decision I believe is to encourage everyone to have the jab. There are a lot of ridiculous rules which have been created during this covid crisis and this is just one. Another is to do with children getting the jab from from the age of five to sixteen and there are plenty of others.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

It has changed, now no one is entitled to an exemption, on any medical grounds now. That decision I believe is to encourage everyone to have the jab. There are a lot of ridiculous rules which have been created during this covid crisis and this is just one. Another is to do with children getting the jab from from the age of five to sixteen and there are plenty of others.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

mdso wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:22 pm

I don’t know where you’re getting your information from, but we’re dealing with medical exemptions in my workplace - on the grounds of contraindication (to all available vaccines) and also temporary exemptions based on acute major medical illness (i.e have contracted COVID and need to wait for a period of time before getting vaccinated)
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:45 pm

I don’t know where you’re getting your information from, but we’re dealing with medical exemptions in my workplace - on the grounds of contraindication (to all available vaccines) and also temporary exemptions based on acute major medical illness (i.e have contracted COVID and need to wait for a period of time before getting vaccinated)
I am getting my information from the clinic I go to and from my Doctor. Is this a Federal thing or a state thing?
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:45 pm

I am getting my information from the clinic I go to and from my Doctor. Is this a Federal thing or a state thing?