Covid

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Covid

Post by grassy1 »

boncer34 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:23 pm
F111 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:57 pm
boncer34 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:53 pm
F111 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:49 pm Individuals occasionally dgas about anything except their own issues. wtf is Josh Inglis to make any valid comment on on how to manage a pandemic, one that will go down in history?

Whether he's right or wrong, it's clear that the WA premier knows what will happen and that the health system there will implode pdq.

Individuals having a whinge about their personal circumstances in the context of probable disastrous circumstances during this pandemic need perspective.
What about those that whinge about those whinging?

His perspective is only so baffling and disrespectful to you because it doesn't line up with your views. People who think like him would argue you need some perspective.

E.g. I have a mate in Perth who owned a very successful tourism company. He's now looking at selling his house just to stay afloat. He should just suck it up I suppose, 10 years of blood sweat and tears, who cares.

WA just needs to keep locking away. I'm sure Covid which is up its 6th or 7th variant will just fade away. :roll:

If WA gets a huge dose of covid and suffer the effects of it, his business will be toast either way. That's the thing you see, mandated lockdowns are being succeeded by relatively voluntary lockdowns. Despite no current lockdowns, due to widespread infections business can't supply and customers are staying away anyhow. Goodness knows what happens once this current peak is over? It might all settle to be a flu like thing, or we might get the next one. Time will tell.

In time he'll survive, unless he doesn't. It's my view, clearly, that dying is a huge cost. Yor friend has valid concerns, however Inglis has enjoyed a different but successful summer. In the grand scheme of things, he hasn't got much to complain about.
If? :lol:

What? They're going to magically keep Covid out are they? Jist never going to open the border again?
If people our way get Bloody Complacent and Careless,No we won’t keep it away.Selfish Arseholes! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

boncer34 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:23 pm
F111 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:57 pm
boncer34 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:53 pm
F111 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:49 pm Individuals occasionally dgas about anything except their own issues. wtf is Josh Inglis to make any valid comment on on how to manage a pandemic, one that will go down in history?

Whether he's right or wrong, it's clear that the WA premier knows what will happen and that the health system there will implode pdq.

Individuals having a whinge about their personal circumstances in the context of probable disastrous circumstances during this pandemic need perspective.
What about those that whinge about those whinging?

His perspective is only so baffling and disrespectful to you because it doesn't line up with your views. People who think like him would argue you need some perspective.

E.g. I have a mate in Perth who owned a very successful tourism company. He's now looking at selling his house just to stay afloat. He should just suck it up I suppose, 10 years of blood sweat and tears, who cares.

WA just needs to keep locking away. I'm sure Covid which is up its 6th or 7th variant will just fade away. :roll:

If WA gets a huge dose of covid and suffer the effects of it, his business will be toast either way. That's the thing you see, mandated lockdowns are being succeeded by relatively voluntary lockdowns. Despite no current lockdowns, due to widespread infections business can't supply and customers are staying away anyhow. Goodness knows what happens once this current peak is over? It might all settle to be a flu like thing, or we might get the next one. Time will tell.

In time he'll survive, unless he doesn't. It's my view, clearly, that dying is a huge cost. Yor friend has valid concerns, however Inglis has enjoyed a different but successful summer. In the grand scheme of things, he hasn't got much to complain about.
If? :lol:

What? They're going to magically keep Covid out are they? Jist never going to open the border again?
No, I doubt they'll keep it out. Whether they can mitigate the effects and reduce it's impact is their goal. Their primary goal will be to protect their healthcare system from getting over run.

"If" relates to "huge dose". In an isolated locked down community, with a long term known borderline healthcare system and less healthcare human resources, any substantial spread won't be pretty.

East coast numbers are slowly on the turn, but it'll take a few weeks yet to settle.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Seriously, I don’t know why you bother getting vaccinated if you want to keep borders shut and lockdowns as part of your life.

Can I ask, what’s the point of it?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:30 pm Seriously, I don’t know why you bother getting vaccinated if you want to keep borders shut and lockdowns as part of your life.

Funnily enough,in case an outbreak does occur in spite of it.I ain’t anti - vaxxer,that’s for sure and I want my booster shot real quick,in case some idiots really get things going.

Things are better here,than over your way.Doesn’t mean I don’t want want some form of protection.

I still want our Borders Shut,like the Silent Majority!

I’m no fan of McGowan,Far from it!But even if he did make a goose of himself Thursday Night.justifying the closure,the Majority won’t give a shit!They’ll reward him for it,where it really counts.

At the Ballot Box

Just like last year’s State Election,which he Won on Just one Issue,despite all the things that could have tripped his Government up.Awwww,you know,……things like Health,Law and Order,State Education,Police Numbers or lack of them,abuse of Local Government and Communities.

Border Protection

He Romped Home because of that one thing.The others couldn’t get a bloody look in.

He’ll Win Again,despite all the noise in town yesterday.

A Referendum on Reopening?

A Resounding NO from the Silent Majority.

Given the chance,Western Australians Will Vote on matters regarding State v Federal and the Cruel Irony for the Coalition was,McGowan Stole their Baby from Right under those Nose and Weaponised it to Full Effect where it matters most!And Will Again!

States’ Rights!

If he ignored that factor now,he and Albo would have been Blown to pieces at 2 Polls and the worst part about that is,the Biggest Clown on the Face of our Prime Ministerial History,may have wormed his way back to The Lodge again!

f*** That for a Sick Joke!

:-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:30 pm Seriously, I don’t know why you bother getting vaccinated if you want to keep borders shut and lockdowns as part of your life.

If they were to stay shut forever, sure.

They won't though. They'll open, but they'll do it when they think their risk of healthcare overrun is minimised. That's the concern.
He's kept them relatively clean due to the lock outs and probably politically well done. However, the crunch is coming and vax numbers will need to be very high I expect for them to continue that. The east coast experience is that the population escalated getting the vax when it was becoming rampant and only then. That might be too late in WA's circumstances and is delaying opening. They've said 90% double vax is their trigger and they're at 89.2%. I haven't read or heard that they've shifted that trigger number higher, but wonder if they have? It's the booster that's been shown effective in overseas observational studies. It'll be the booster they're well behind on. WA might be the first place to take proper notice of that?

They don't want to replicate the opening of the eastern states. Omicron really threw a spanner into the works there, however the Israel experience showed what would happen and how to control it. Political and community pressure to open up was likely too high not to. If it was left to the CHO's, it'd be different Ii think.

I don't envy any of the premiers at all. What a terrible time to get that job. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. And the PM hasn't been much help.

Hopefully the upcoming variants of concern won't escalate like delta and omicron. There will be more because the poorer countries are very undervaxed and a virus will mutate to take advantage.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

F111 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:46 pm

If they were to stay shut forever, sure.

They won't though. They'll open, but they'll do it when they think their risk of healthcare overrun is minimised. That's the concern.
He's kept them relatively clean due to the lock outs and probably politically well done. However, the crunch is coming and vax numbers will need to be very high I expect for them to continue that. The east coast experience is that the population escalated getting the vax when it was becoming rampant and only then. That might be too late in WA's circumstances and is delaying opening. They've said 90% double vax is their trigger and they're at 89.2%. I haven't read or heard that they've shifted that trigger number higher, but wonder if they have? It's the booster that's been shown effective in overseas observational studies. It'll be the booster they're well behind on. WA might be the first place to take proper notice of that?

They don't want to replicate the opening of the eastern states. Omicron really threw a spanner into the works there, however the Israel experience showed what would happen and how to control it. Political and community pressure to open up was likely too high not to. If it was left to the CHO's, it'd be different Ii think.

I don't envy any of the premiers at all. What a terrible time to get that job. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. And the PM hasn't been much help.

Hopefully the upcoming variants of concern won't escalate like delta and omicron. There will be more because the poorer countries are very undervaxed and a virus will mutate to take advantage.
Good Summation,F111.

Why rush madly into if you still aren’t ready.

Our Biggest worry right now,is the potential for Australia Day Skyworks to be a Superspreader!

Screw That!Cancel It!

Seen one. Fireworks display,seen ‘em all!If we get this Outbreak lucked,the kiddies can see all the Fireworks shows they want.

At the Royal Show in September/October.
Last edited by grassy1 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:14 pm Why rush mad,y into if you still aren’t ready.

Pressure. Community, political, media.

The squeaky gate gets the oil...sometimes.

edit: WA have said they have 90 active omicron cases. 180 Tuesday, 360 Thursday, 720 Saturday? We'll see. :-k
Last edited by F111 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Oops,spelling error of mine there,F111.

Sorry.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

WA Health Minister has said they can't keep Covid out.

Jeez. Who'd have thought.

:lol:
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

boncer34 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:33 pm WA Health Minister has said they can't keep Covid out.

No laughing matter Buddy,Don’t you think?

Short of accusing people of deliberately planting it in our community,it’s Safe to say people have been bloody Complacent and Careless!Seems like a few people think it’s not me that’s got it,why should I worry?!

Someone in Fiona Stanley Hospital has Regally Screwed up here and there has to be some serious scrambling to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

If the WA Government is making such concessions,it can’t possibly seriously justify giving the green light to the Channel 7/FM Radio whatever station Australia Day Fireworks.What is this?A Kiss and Make bullshit excercise with Eagle Media?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Talk about a potential Superspreader!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

boncer34 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:33 pm WA Health Minister has said they can't keep Covid out.

They've had it the whole time, just in controlled numbers. They want to try and maintain that control, though I suspect they know there will be some hospital admission pressure despite vaxs because they're so far behind. That's the issue for WA.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:06 pm

No laughing matter Buddy,Don’t you think?

Short of accusing people of deliberately planting it in our community,it’s Safe to say people have been bloody Complacent and Careless!Seems like a few people think it’s not me that’s got it,why should I worry?!

Someone in Fiona Stanley Hospital has Regally Screwed up here and there has to be some serious scrambling to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

If the WA Government is making such concessions,it can’t possibly seriously justify giving the green light to the Channel 7/FM Radio whatever station Australia Day Fireworks.What is this?A Kiss and Make bullshit excercise with Eagle Media?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Talk about a potential Superspreader!
Or it's an incredibly infectious disease, and just like the rest of the world, it's going to get in. What part of that don't you understand? You can't keep it out forever, nobody can.

Which is all Benny and I have said. Closing the border is dumb because it's getting in, you can't stop it unless you close forever. It's literally impossible.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

F111 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:35 pm

They've had it the whole time, just in controlled numbers. They want to try and maintain that control, though I suspect they know there will be some hospital admission pressure despite vaxs because they're so far behind. That's the issue for WA.
Nothing they have done suggests that at all.

Closing the border only kicks the can down the road.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well gee maestro,we should try your way,eh?!

Thousands of Sick people,Many DEAD,lives and businesses permanently changed,ruined!

Sounds great!

f*** That!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: 7
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Control of the numbers of sick people relates to the number of people vaxed. WA is well behind on the booster numbers. They've been promoting the vax all along to gain that control. They'll want as many as possible to be vaxed. Unfortunately, we in Australia have shown that many of us won't get the vax until it's clear and obvious that there's a good chance the virus will infect us. Uptake of the vax escalated when the virus did. Human nature?

Is there a "it won't happen to me" feeling? Do people want to trust their own immune system? Those are real thoughts, amongst others, that individuals have and contribute to their delay in getting a vax. Delays in vaccinations will contribute to WA's opening delays. edit: there was a recent study in the USA and the word amongst the non vaxed that best described their reasoning was "invincible". It was the USA though :roll: :lol:

I've written it multiple times thru out this thread, that it is the overrunning of the hospitals that is their fear and that's what they want to control. The population need to uptake the vax asap, to the booster level. I don't known what that time frame is, but it's now a 3/12 gap b/w #2 & #3.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:00 am Well gee maestro,we should try your way,eh?!

Thousands of Sick people,Many DEAD,lives and businesses permanently changed,ruined!

Sounds great!

f*** That!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: 7
You're already doing that.

There's literally 2 options.

1) Let Covid in now but allow business and people who need the border open now to survive.

2) Let Covid in later and kill off the business that need the border open now to survive and prolong the mental anguish for those that want it open.

Again. What part don't you understand? COVID is coming, you can't keep it out forever. Stop being hysterical and tell me what the plan is? Nobody has kept it out. How is WA going to do it?

Without being hysterical explain how keeping the border now is doing nothing but delaying the inevitable outbreak? Keeping in mind evidence around the world where no-one has kept it out proves it is inevitable.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

F111 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:36 am Control of the numbers of sick people relates to the number of people vaxed. WA is well behind on the booster numbers. They've been promoting the vax all along to gain that control. They'll want as many as possible to be vaxed. Unfortunately, we in Australia have shown that many of us won't get the vax until it's clear and obvious that there's a good chance the virus will infect us. Uptake of the vax escalated when the virus did. Human nature?

Is there a "it won't happen to me" feeling? Do people want to trust their own immune system? Those are real thoughts, amongst others, that individuals have and contribute to their delay in getting a vax. Delays in vaccinations will contribute to WA's opening delays. edit: there was a recent study in the USA and the word amongst the non vaxed that best described their reasoning was "invincible". It was the USA though :roll: :lol:

I've written it multiple times thru out this thread, that it is the overrunning of the hospitals that is their fear and that's what they want to control. The population need to uptake the vax asap, to the booster level. I don't known what that time frame is, but it's now a 3/12 gap b/w #2 & #3.
After 650+ days to prepare the answer is to keep the border shut. They aren't doing anything to control it.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

They're keeping the border shut whilst vaccinating but they've been slow. Don't underestimate how disastrous the omicron variant has been. It escalated from nowhere in 4 weeks. Without it, they'd be open or close to it.

Take the AFL 2021. Melbourne clearly favourites. Great plans, great team. Looking good to win the GF in 4 weeks. What if? ...Gawn does an acl 1st final, Petracca breaks his leg 2nd final, Lever and May suffer severe concussions in a training head clash week 3. The plans were working, but the unexpected happened.

If Omicron didn't happen, WA would be looking good right now.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

F111 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:30 am They're keeping the border shut whilst vaccinating but they've been slow. Don't underestimate how disastrous the omicron variant has been. It escalated from nowhere in 4 weeks. Without it, they'd be open or close to it.

Take the AFL 2021. Melbourne clearly favourites. Great plans, great team. Looking good to win the GF in 4 weeks. What if? ...Gawn does an acl 1st final, Petracca breaks his leg 2nd final, Lever and May suffer severe concussions in a training head clash week 3. The plans were working, but the unexpected happened.

If Omicron didn't happen, WA would be looking good right now.
Australia would be looking better,but how the f*** Did we let it in?!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

boncer34 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:09 am
F111 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:36 am Control of the numbers of sick people relates to the number of people vaxed. WA is well behind on the booster numbers. They've been promoting the vax all along to gain that control. They'll want as many as possible to be vaxed. Unfortunately, we in Australia have shown that many of us won't get the vax until it's clear and obvious that there's a good chance the virus will infect us. Uptake of the vax escalated when the virus did. Human nature?

After 650+ days to prepare the answer is to keep the border shut. They aren't doing anything to control it.
Nor are the Fools that did NOT,do the right thing,when they knew there was something wrong. :evil: