Fremantle and Kepler

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Essendon4eva wrote: Kepler's personality is weaker than Fletcher.
How the f*** do you know that...making shit up now are you or do you personally know both Kepler or Fletcher??

Just because Kepler was not able to thrive in a position where he had never played football before does not mean he has a weak personality for f*** sake!!

Also Sheedy also didn't make Fletcher bulk up and put on 12kg on muscle in one pre-season robbing him of his speed, agility and stamina like he did to Bradley.

Do you really think that Fletcher would have had the career he did if Sheedy forced him to continue playing FB/CHB if he constantly got ripped to shreads every single game every single week, robbing him of all his confidence in his own ability, hell no.

The only similarity Fletcher and Bradley had was that they were, both tall, gangly and unco.

Apparently everyone could see that apart from Sheedy who was determined he had the next Dustin Fletcher on his hands and was determined to turn him into a key position defender even when it was clear he simply could not perform that role.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Rossoneri wrote:
ealesy wrote:Rossi...I would say if it was for a late round pick, Kep has let the club know that if he wasn't traded he wouldn't sign another deal and would walk in the PSD.

From what I've been reading, Freo were pretty confident of picking him up in the PSD if there was no trade done and that there was no way they would offer their first or second picks.

In all honesty I think Bradley has seen the writing on the wall....he was not going to get a game with us in the forward line when he had the likes of Lloyd, Lucas, Neagle, Gumbleton and possibly Johns all before him in the pecking order.

That or he might just be jack of Essendon and Windy Hill....I mean everyone has sat ideally by for the past 3 years watching Kevin Sheedy slowly go about killing his career by trying to turn him into a CHB.
Trade him to the dogs, or find out if they are interested in him. They have pick 19 now.
They'd been even less likely to deal for him as they have a pick in the PSD before Freo, so they can get him for nothing as well.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

They were both in the same f****** scenario? Flether was playing on the best forward each week and got beat. Same thing with Kepler. Fletcher became a great Full Back and got better as a defender.kepler Bradley, as you all said fell. His poor confidence was shoot.

He used the same theory with both players. One flourished and the other fell.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Essendon4eva wrote:They were both in the same f****** scenario? Flether was playing on the best forward each week and got beat. Same thing with Kepler. Fletcher became a great Full Back and got better as a defender.kepler Bradley, as you all said fell. His poor confidence was shoot.

?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Essendon4eva wrote:They were both in the same f****** scenario? Flether was playing on the best forward each week and got beat. Same thing with Kepler. Fletcher became a great Full Back and got better as a defender.kepler Bradley, as you all said fell. His poor confidence was shoot.

that's th point though, Fletcher did not get flogged week in a week out. Sure Gary Ablett and and couple of other guys had field days against Fletcher in 1993, but in alot of games he held his own.

We wouldn't have won the f****** premiership in 93, with a fullback that consistently got murdered!!!

So he had a few bad games but he also had good games, his confidence was never destroyed.

Unlike Kepler who was forced to play in a position he had never played before against men who he was giving 15kg away to and got flogged week after week after week.

Did Sheedy give him a chance to play somewhere else on the field to get his confidence up, or give him a few weeks at Bendigo. Nope it was here Pavlich kick 5 on him, here Hall kick 6 on him, here Rich kick 8 on him, here Tredrea kick 7 on him etc etc etc.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Essendon4eva wrote: He used the same theory with both players. One flourished and the other fell.
that makes one have a weak personality how??
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

So 15 clubs had Forward who were kicking large amounts of goals on us?
I'd rather play on the forwards Kepler did, than the guys Fletcher played on.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Essendon4eva wrote:So 15 clubs had Forward who were kicking large amounts of goals on us?
I'd rather play on the forwards Kepler did, than the guys Fletcher played on.
Different game now buddy....one could ask the question why Sheedy continued to throw a 1st, 2nd year player to the wolf week in and week out while allowing our best defender to chase cheap kicks.

Now I know what you'll say...blah blah blah, Fletcher set up counter attacks blah blah blah. Well Matty Scarlett doesn't seem to have any problem playing on the opposition key forward while also launching counter attack after counter attack for Geelong.

Fletch is still a better player than Scarlett too.

And besides I still fail to see how when Bradley failed where Fletcher succeded suddenly makes him have a "weak personality!!"

I can accept the fact that Fletcher succeeded because he is a champion footballer, and Bradley didn't becuase he isn't.

I just cannot stand aside and allow you to hurl insults at the bloke and claim he is has "a weak personality" because he is not as good footballer as Dustin Fletcher.

That is simply f****** pathetic!!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

What a great comparison. A fourth year player and ONE OF THE GERATEST FULLBACKS OF ALL TIME!

I'm sorry but there is no shame in having a weaker "personality" than Fletcher.

Explain to me how getting tough defensive asignments affects your kicking?

One thing that seems to be completely overlooked is that talls take longer to develop.

People seem to be locked in to the theory that He ahs to play either forward or back. He ahs played some of his best games for us on the wing and I think he could really make a place for himself there.

I really hope he stays. If he can get some consitance in his kicking then he could be a real asset.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

beat me to it easlsy!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

News is Mark Harvey is working on the Kepler deal, trying to get it through.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Hurry up, Harvs!
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

According to SEN Mark Harvey has actually left the Telstra Dome and is leaving it up to his recruiting team.

I reckon if the deal is to go ahead we will get a 2nd round pick, and then have to swap over our 3rd round pick for their fourth round pick so that they get the better pick.

Eg.

Fremantle get:

Bradley, Pick 39

Essendon get:

Pick 24, Pick 46

Or whatever our picks are..
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Pick 39 is locked into picking Darcy Daniher up under the father/son rule.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Touche...

My point is that I reckon Fremantle will want more than just Kepler for their 2nd round pick.

And we won't trade for anything other than Freo's 2nd round pick.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

rama_fan wrote:Touche...

My point is that I reckon Fremantle will want more than just Kepler for their 2nd round pick.

And we won't trade for anything other than Freo's 2nd round pick.
Not touche, just saying 39 won't be part of the deal.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Could be a last minute stalemate therefore.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

billyduckworth wrote:Could be a last minute stalemate therefore.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Maybe Greg Miller will block Matthew Knights in the corridor as he is rushing through the paper work to the fax machine!!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Come on! Mama wants a second round pick!
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Looks like he is staying.