Captain, My Captain!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hop
Club Captain

Re: Captain, My Captain!!

Post by hop »

KaaN10 - as a young man there are many of life's lessons still ahead of you.

Here's one for nothing - the word 'allegedly' is a good one to use.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

MH_Bomber wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:
Out of contract at the end of the year, but desperate to be a Bomber for life, the 27-year-old wants his final seasons to be his most meaningful.

Surely Mark McVeigh is the first bloke that should be re-signed at the club. Sign him immediately, offer him a 3 year year and the captaincy.
Okay after Lloyd's game tonight just the 3 year deal ! :)
Nope after last nights game, I am more convinced David Hille should be captain.

Ball winners make better captains. Lloydy for the most part takes great contested marks, adds some physical presence in the forward 50 and kicks great goals.

I would rather a captain who works the length of the park...eg a ruckman or onballer. With Hille playing nearly every minute(either on the ball or resting in the forward 50. He is the peak of his career, every game he puts in is a good one. And when Hille is winning the hitouts to our mids or kicking the odd goal, it really lifts the team).

Plus has captained the side before.

David Hille Captain 2009. I would be stoked.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

I strongly disagree - and despite my name I am not one of the people clamoring McVeigh captain, McVeigh Captain all the time (see above)
David Hille is a good player but I believe that Mark McVeigh has much more of the personal qualities that make a good leader - at least it's my impression not that I am an insider in the club.

McVeigh to be captain ... in due time.
Red and Black Forever
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

If LIoyd continues to play like he did, he'll stay captain, even if he he doesn't kick goals.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I said a while ago, stripping him of the captaincy would do more harm than good. Similar to taking the #5 away from Stanton :oops:

He has to realise that he doesnt have to kick 7 a match to be a good captain. He has to chase, tackle, crash packs at the very least to be able to lift the team and give them confidence when they run through the middle.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I thought the same as Windy Hill when I read this.

I'm not sure it would do harm taking the captaincy from Lloyd. He could just concentrate on playing good football like last week.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.