WAS McPHEE OUT OF BOUNDS???

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Dont they all realise that if the umpire called it out that Jim would have just read the ruck tap off Jolley had a bounce broken 3 tackles handballed to Spike on the boundary and f*** me a goal anyway!!

f*** off you moaning Sydney wankers!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And just on that...... WHAT A f****** PEARLER OF A GOAL THAT WAS
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote:And just on that...... WHAT A f****** PEARLER OF A GOAL THAT WAS
very true!!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

At the end of the day the goal had to be kicked. Bad luck Sydney.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

he was out - and we have had a lot of luck with the umps this year anyway (v Freo, v Rich, v Syd)

this is why it is pointless to argue and complain about umpiring - everyone gets ripped off - and obviously when that happens the other team gets lucky.

like someone said on another thread - Maher and Christian say one thing one week - something else the next - the media, coaches, players, and us! are as inconsistent as the umpires when it comes to judging what is and what isnt a free kick.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

tonysoprano wrote:this is why it is pointless to argue and complain about umpiring - everyone gets ripped off - and obviously when that happens the other team gets lucky.
Hear f****** hear. Whinging about umpires is energy wasted. Swings and round-a-bouts. Always has been, always will be. I do vent when the umpires make mistakes, but not because i feel that the game is 'rigged' or because 'the umpires are robbing us'. That's a bridge too far.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Filthy wrote:http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 42,00.html

Get fvcked Roos.....whinger. :evil:
He can whinge all he wants. He isn''t getting the four points! :D
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

He was hardly whinging!

"I think he chipped a bit of paint off the fence when he kicked it. But that's footy," Roos said.

Sounds like a pretty reasonable comment to me. He acknowledges that the umpire made an error, but doesn't dwell on it. What's wrong with that?
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Filthy wrote:
Staggy wrote:He was hardly whinging!

"I think he chipped a bit of paint off the fence when he kicked it. But that's footy," Roos said.

Sounds like a pretty reasonable comment to me. He acknowledges that the umpire made an error, but doesn't dwell on it. What's wrong with that?
http://bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?t=2661
Um, okay.

That thread contains a crazy rant and a link to an article - where Roos says that he is disillusioned with how football is becoming soft, and how players and fans are frustrated.

Still not seeing what your problem is - after all, you are upset with the direction of the game as well Filth. Can't blame Roos for speaking the truth.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

There is a difference between pushing someone in the back with your hands and simply placing your hand on someone's back. That's what is pissing most people off.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:There is a difference between pushing someone in the back with your hands and simply placing your hand on someone's back. That's what is pissing most people off.
Gerard Healy was banging on about the 'incidental contact made in a legitimate attempt at marking' exception to illegal contact during yesterday's telecast of Geelong v Saints, which is what i was getting at in my other post 4 or 5 days ago. He said there is no way known that the rule, in its current format, is sustainable within the written laws of the game.

Doesn't he have some pull down AFL way? I think he picks the All Australian side and i don't know whether he's got some say within the Rules Committee, but hopefully more people like him with some influence group together and point out that the current situation is farcicle.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:There is a difference between pushing someone in the back with your hands and simply placing your hand on someone's back. That's what is pissing most people off.
I have mentioned before that my niece is married to a maggot (shhh) and the maggots love the rule because it is a black and white thing.

They see hands in the back, pushing or otherwise, its a free.

They have enough bloody rules to interpret he reckons and it takes the pressure of them. Just what he said. What I think and you and the rest of us....well you know the answer.

We are only the poor bloody punters who pay for it all.
Yeah, I'm not venting my anger at the umpires...in fact I acknowledged that they will be vilified by the public because of the maniacal, egotistical KB. I actually feel sorry for them because they will be abused even more....
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Filthy wrote:
Staggy wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Staggy wrote:He was hardly whinging!

http://bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?t=2661
Um, okay.

That thread contains a crazy rant and a link to an article - where Roos says that he is disillusioned with how football is becoming soft, and how players and fans are frustrated.

Still not seeing what your problem is - after all, you are upset with the direction of the game as well Filth. Can't blame Roos for speaking the truth.
OK I'll speak logically from my point of view.

I hate Sydney as much as I hate Collingwood and Carlton. All their extra little things they get like an extra mil in the cap, the softcock press here and up there, Roos acting like he is all things to coaches, Hall not getting rubbed out in 05 and even as far back in 99 when Plugger belted Barry Young into hospital breaking his jaw in a final and got off. And that faggot who belted Hirdy in 96 and they took SC action to allow him to play and then accepted the 2 weeks AFTER the GF.

I hated Roos as a footballer who never got a hard kick in his career, who left a struggling Club and went and played for a aberration/creation of the AFL paid for by you and me and every other Victorian Footy fan. I hate him as a coach who created a brand of "football" that is shocking to watch and now is coming back to bite him on the arse.

And I hate his bloody whinging about soft football when Sydney got about 5 goals directly/indirectly from frees or non payment thereof Saturday especially in the 1st half when the maggots kept them in it. He LOST the ******* game and he blames everyone else but himself and his softcock team.

I am not that upset about the in the back rule....or at least cannot recall voicing as strong opinion about it as others here and on BB. As long as I can remember if you shove a bloke in the back with your hands its a free...the Clement rule KB was alluding to the other day without mentioning his name but mentioning THAT game last year when Hirdy went apedroppings against the maggots about Clement.

Apart from that I love Sydney and Roos apart from the fact the city is the arsehole of the earth. And you really got a nerve calling my post crazy after some of the angry, negative stuff you post in here.

Have a nice day....how is the "Justice" system going in Victoria. Pfft. :evil:
I'd say that whole post is completely fair enough. I fully understand (and agree with) the majority of your points. All valid.

Using the word 'crazy' was meant in a joking way - sorry if you took it seriously - I didn't mean to offend at all.

Since when was I an angry, negative poster? I certainly don't see my posts in that way at all - but hey, given I gave you a wack, I'll let you give me a free wack as well!

8)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Gerard Healy was banging on about the 'incidental contact made in a legitimate attempt at marking' exception to illegal contact during yesterday's telecast of Geelong v Saints, which is what i was getting at in my other post 4 or 5 days ago. He said there is no way known that the rule, in its current format, is sustainable within the written laws of the game.

Doesn't he have some pull down AFL way? I think he picks the All Australian side and i don't know whether he's got some say within the Rules Committee, but hopefully more people like him with some influence group together and point out that the current situation is farcicle.
Farcical indeed. I totally forgot that Nathan Buckley resigned from the Rules Committee because of this absurd interpretation. Healy is dead right...and we all saw that for ourselves a few days ago. I have never seen such an uproar over a rule interpretation in all my time watching the game. We have had current legendary coaches slam the HITB rule, we've had ex-players (now commentators) slam it, and naturally, many many supporters.

There was f*** all consultation with the implementation of this rule, absolutely NO TRIAL, and one man's stubborn skull that has caused this furore.