Pev in the backline.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Essendon4eva the spamming is acceptable in your sig, if you continue to do it in the body of the message I will nuke you.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Yeah, refering to this disposal, which I later explained.
Rubbish. You only started going down that route, when you were looking like an idiot. "he cant play.....period" was your quote.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Yeah, he cant play. People wth the least amount of skills, can be a tagger. From what I learnt playing football means getting the ball adn using it well. Not running around, taggin somebody else. On that basis, Peverill cannot play football realy well.
Plus there was a hint of sarcasm in that statement. As far as I'm concerned, you are all familiar with the form of sarcasm/joke that knowbody can see but the person typing.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Essendon4eva wrote:Yeah, he cant play. People wth the least amount of skills, can be a tagger. From what I learnt playing football means getting the ball adn using it well. Not running around, taggin somebody else. On that basis, Peverill cannot play football realy well.
Plus there was a hint of sarcasm in that statement. As far as I'm concerned, you are all familiar with the form of sarcasm/joke that knowbody can see but the person typing.
what do you think of brad sewell as a footballer, and how would you rate his game against jame hird a few weeks back ?
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I think the kinda of joke/sarcasm you're referring to is the sort that *everyone* can see except the person it was aimed at.

Looks like no one is going to change anyone elses opinion... certainly not mine... I think undisputedly that Pevs CAN play and he DOES have a position in the side.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Yeah, he cant play. People wth the least amount of skills, can be a tagger. From what I learnt playing football means getting the ball adn using it well. Not running around, taggin somebody else. On that basis, Peverill cannot play football realy well.
Or Kirk, Libba, Denham etc etc.

Keep digging, the hole is getting larger.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Libba and Denham played in differen era's when the sill level didn't have to be so high. How can you compare players form different era's? Did Denham and Libba play in a era where the idea of the game was to hold possesion and chip the bacll around? It was move the ball forward at any costs.

Peverill would have fitted in very well 10 years ago. Have you not noticed how the game has changed robbie?

I dont' feel he has a place in teh side, because we are trying to develop teh young guys as the future. I think we need to do what Port Adeliade did with Josh Carr and Roger ames. Still had years left, but they made the move. Now they are in the top four and doing very well.

Brad Sewel? I have not seen enough of him to rate him fairly as a player.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

:lol:

Yeah and Kirk plays in a different ERA. Kirk = premiership player 2005.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Libba and Denham played in differen era's when the sill level didn't have to be so high. How can you compare players form different era's? Did Denham and Libba play in a era where the idea of the game was to hold possesion and chip the bacll around? It was move the ball forward at any costs.

Peverill would have fitted in very well 10 years ago. Have you not noticed how the game has changed robbie?

I dont' feel he has a place in teh side, because we are trying to develop teh young guys as the future. I think we need to do what Port Adeliade did with Josh Carr and Roger ames. Still had years left, but they made the move. Now they are in the top four and doing very well.

Brad Sewel? I have not seen enough of him to rate him fairly as a player.
I'd stick to wrestling. That's the sort of "sport" you may be able to get a handle on.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

By the way. Just in case you were letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Port were spewing about Carr leaving.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

BenDoolan wrote::lol:

And my opinion is he is a better player than Peverill. Kirk also is in and under getting the ball out to other players. He isn't getting 30 touches a game.

DOn't go baging wrestling. You can put your hands on someones back in wrestling. ANd you don't here them complaining because they 'want a week break'.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Is there any chance that we can organise a simple IQ or grammar test for new BT members??
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:

And my opinion is he is a better player than Peverill. Kirk also is in and under getting the ball out to other players. He isn't getting 30 touches a game.

DOn't go baging wrestling. You can put your hands on someones back in wrestling. ANd you don't here them complaining because they 'want a week break'.
Getting 30 possessions AND shutting down your opponent is a really bad thing eh! Like his 32 disposals in our win against St.Kilda....

Where have I bagged wrestling?
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Essendon4eva wrote:

last time I checked acting wasn't as hard as competing physically.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

bomberdonnie wrote:Is there any chance that we can organise a simple IQ or grammar test for new BT members??
Could be a good idea.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Ok, I wont bag it. Even if it is just a bunch of steroid taking actors that arent good enough to make it at real sports, and cant act well enough to make it in action films. It is complete fking rubbish, but i'm not going to bag it.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

robbie, robbie, robbie. Have you gone thrugh one trainging session in the ring? Have you trusted somebody else with your own body? DO you know most wrestlers have a amatuer wrestling background and could break your arm, leg or back at any given time?

Cant make it in real sports?
Monty Brown - NFL Champion
Brock Lesnar - NCAA Amatuer wrestling champion
Kurt Angle - 1996 Gold Medalist
Bad News Brown - Olympic Bronze medalist in Judo
Iron Sheik - Olympic athlete with Iran

The swtich to wrestling because there is more money in it.
Ignorance is a funny thing. Here is something for you. Download a wrestling shoot interview called 'RF Video Shoot. In the ring with: Homocide'. You may learn a thing or two.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:robbie, robbie, robbie. Have you gone thrugh one trainging session in the ring? Have you trusted somebody else with your own body? DO you know most wrestlers have a amatuer wrestling background and could break your arm, leg or back at any given time?

Ignorance is a funny thing. Here is something for you. Download a wrestling shoot interview called 'RF Video Shoot. In the ring with: Homocide'. You may learn a thing or two.
Right on cue.

I hate to think what has gone through your ring.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Wrestling is a pathetic excuse for a sport.

They aren't tough or strong. My cousin is an amateur wrestler and he isn't an athlete of any sort, has no muscle and always tries to be a tough guy which never works.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:robbie, robbie, robbie. Have you gone thrugh one trainging session in the ring? Have you trusted somebody else with your own body? DO you know most wrestlers have a amatuer wrestling background and could break your arm, leg or back at any given time?

Right on cue.

I hate to think what has gone through your ring.
:lol: :lol: :lol: