Why does this man still have an AFL career?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Why does this man still have an AFL career?

Post by Windy_Hill »

bomberdonnie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote:The sanctimony in this thread is laughable

All the brouhaha about Fevola taking a pic and then circulating it to mates etc etc is so over the top.

Apparently, this photo has been doing the rounds for a few years and no uproar.

Then, that bastion of women's rights ( :roll: ), Woman's Day decides to print it in their latest edition (surely just what their female audience wants to look at)

This immediately gets the rest of the media in a self righteous funk and they also proceed to show the photo on TV etc

And then one of our own puts it in this thread.

All the moral outrage seems to be directed at Fevola but I for one had not seen the pic until the media splashed it all over.

Maybe some of the angst and outrage should be getting directed at them.

Fevola (assuming that it was him that first started circulating it) has done what heaps of others have done over the years and yet he is being treated as the worst kind of criminal.

Get over it people
Well said.
Yes
No Moral outrage from me - I think its a hoot and actually welcome characters like Fev who help to desanitise the hospital ward that is AFL football (dont get me wrong, Fev is a drop kick but geez - who the hell are we to judge)

T o put it into context, imagine how dull this forum would be without the Gimp - yes he is on a lifetime prescription of Ritelin but without some colour, the world would be very bland - Fev and Gimps - we salute you
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Warwick Capper for a new generation.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Being a total cynic, people like Bingle need publicity like oxygen. Ther have been plenty of topless pics of her around for years and all of a sudden she takes exception to this one. Net result: Front page coverage, Womens Day and God knows what else.

She has a history of sueing magazines for "unauthorised" pictures of her when in fact thay bring welcome publicity to her doorstep.

Realistically, with the openess of the Internet, how the hell can they pin this one on the Fev. I know he is a tool, but.........
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I hope I heard wrong.Did she REALLY SELL her story to some RAG for 200 GRAND lately?

Who CONNED her?HARRY M or MAX?

Laura,I'm no fan of your's Kid.But please NO,don't involved with that crowd,Now. :evil: Even if you already have before,.... :roll: #-o
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

That's JANET LEIGH isn't it Windy?JAMIE LEE's MUM.

EALESY,SNAP!What an ABSOLUTE FEEBLE explanation from Michael Voss.My response to that was -

Good one Michael.Like you stood there for 1 minute(at best)and simply asked -

"Fev,did you do it?"

"No Boss,wasn't me."

"OK mate,off you go!"

:roll: #-o

You mentioned SHIT CULTURE?What was that BAGGAGE of VOSS' again?Yes,he may have got off,but the culture it stems from Lingers,....
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Windy_Hill wrote:
swoodley wrote:The sanctimony in this thread is laughable

All the brouhaha about Fevola taking a pic and then circulating it to mates etc etc is so over the top.

Apparently, this photo has been doing the rounds for a few years and no uproar.

Then, that bastion of women's rights ( :roll: ), Woman's Day decides to print it in their latest edition (surely just what their female audience wants to look at)

This immediately gets the rest of the media in a self righteous funk and they also proceed to show the photo on TV etc

And then one of our own puts it in this thread.

All the moral outrage seems to be directed at Fevola but I for one had not seen the pic until the media splashed it all over.

Maybe some of the angst and outrage should be getting directed at them.

Fevola (assuming that it was him that first started circulating it) has done what heaps of others have done over the years and yet he is being treated as the worst kind of criminal.

Get over it people
Well said.
Yes[/quote]

No Moral outrage from me - I think its a hoot and actually welcome characters like Fev who help to desanitise the hospital ward that is AFL football (dont get me wrong, Fev is a drop kick but geez - who the hell are we to judge)

T o put it into context, imagine how dull this forum would be without the Gimp - yes he is on a lifetime prescription of Ritelin but without some colour, the world would be very bland - Fev and Gimps - we salute you[/quote]

Touché WH!! Nice sly dig there - loved it!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Whether anyone likes or dislikes either of these two persons is not the point here.

Whether it's been going around for years now is not the point.

This picture should not have been circulated, and should not have been taken without her permission.

It seems the responses here are very "blokey". A mole? Really? Gee, is it still just males that can go around and get a shag?

Ignore, or try to, the personalities here. What is right, and what is not?

Re: the original question, I expect Fevola will be coming close to important sanctions. When/if he breaks a law, then he will find it very difficult to maintain his career. Currently, he has been mostly guilty of serious civil and behavioural misdemeanours of which we all have an opinion.

His football currency is high, and clubs will want to preserve that. The law will be one way that bastion is overcome.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

F111 wrote:Whether anyone likes or dislikes either of these two persons is not the point here.

This picture should not have been circulated, and should not have been taken without her permission.

It seems the responses here are very "blokey". A mole? Really? Gee, is it still just males that can go around and get a shag?

Re: the original question, I expect Fevola will be coming close to important sanctions. When/if he breaks a law, then he will find it very difficult to maintain his career. Currently, he has been mostly guilty of serious civil and behavioural misdemeanours of which we all have an opinion.

His football currency is high, and clubs will want to preserve that. The law will be one way that bastion is overcome.
Is it right that the media get to splash this photo all over the place?

I have no issues with Fevola copping a fine etc but is the hysteria just because it's him?

Should there be sanctions against media outlets for displaying the image so frequently and glaringly?

Mark Robinson made an interesting comparison in an article in the hun yesterday comparing this situation to Nathan Bock of Adelaide who assaulted his girlfriend last year....his punishment was a $5000 fine and a one match suspension.

So on that basis, what penalty should Fevola cop?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

swoodley wrote:
F111 wrote:Whether anyone likes or dislikes either of these two persons is not the point here.

Is it right that the media get to splash this photo all over the place? I don't think so. Imo, the person that forwarded the pic to WD should be made accountable just as much as Fevola should be. Scum journalism looking to make a name. Common these days in the jungle of journalism..

I have no issues with Fevola copping a fine etc but is the hysteria just because it's him?
Probably, but I expect if it wasn't a high profile "picture" it might not be news. The fact that Bingle is Clarke's partner would contribute to a perception of newsworthiness. It might've still happened if the female was someone without profile, but I guess it's newsworthiness would be less.

Should there be sanctions against media outlets for displaying the image so frequently and glaringly? Big question. We'll all have our own answers based on beliefs and mores. Perpetuation of privacy issues based on public voyuerism shouldn't be allowed imo. I expect the community mores and privacy legislation here are very blurred. Technology has made this scenario a simple procedure. Everyone from Fevola to each individual forwarder and the media for publishing the pictures have impinged on the privacy of an individual during a private moment. What do you think here?

Mark Robinson made an interesting comparison in an article in the hun yesterday comparing this situation to Nathan Bock of Adelaide who assaulted his girlfriend last year....his punishment was a $5000 fine and a one match suspension. Illegal assault verses poor form/social misdemeanour/teenage blokey values/dumbar$e immaturity...is this an apple and oranges comparison? Mark Robinson is not a social or legal commentator. He should stick to footy issues.

Would Hurley's circumstance be the better comparison for Bock? Illegal assault, police and courts involved. Fevola has already paid for this...AFL removed him from their latest media whatever it was, and further damage to his reputation. I doubt he cares too much...at least it'd be no surprise if it was all water off the ducks back...
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Don't give me the "character" argument. The guy is a complete dickhead. And a dumbarse. One can be a "character" without being a dickhead.
Filthy wrote:In any event the purpose of the thread is the question....what does Fevola have to do to get the boot out of the AFL? Murder?
Probably. Or (proven or at least charged) rape.

Who gets booted out of the AFL? Even amongst repeat offenders? Almost no one.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Who cares:

Fev is a Bozo , Bingle is a Bimbo.

Media gets all aroused when AFL players are in the spotlight especially Fev , the serial offender.

All i'm concerned with is the success of the Bombers, the other sides & their players can do whatever they like, if they stuff up , like our guys, they pay the penalty.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

F111 wrote:It seems the responses here are very "blokey". A mole? Really? Gee, is it still just males that can go around and get a shag?
Stepped outside lately? That's the way it is unfortunately.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

F111 wrote:
swoodley wrote:

Is it right that the media get to splash this photo all over the place? I don't think so. Imo, the person that forwarded the pic to WD should be made accountable just as much as Fevola should be. Scum journalism looking to make a name. Common these days in the jungle of journalism..

Probably, but I expect if it wasn't a high profile "picture" it might not be news. The fact that Bingle is Clarke's partner would contribute to a perception of newsworthiness. It might've still happened if the female was someone without profile, but I guess it's newsworthiness would be less.

Should there be sanctions against media outlets for displaying the image so frequently and glaringly? Big question. We'll all have our own answers based on beliefs and mores. Perpetuation of privacy issues based on public voyuerism shouldn't be allowed imo. I expect the community mores and privacy legislation here are very blurred. Technology has made this scenario a simple procedure. Everyone from Fevola to each individual forwarder and the media for publishing the pictures have impinged on the privacy of an individual during a private moment. What do you think here?

Mark Robinson made an interesting comparison in an article in the hun yesterday comparing this situation to Nathan Bock of Adelaide who assaulted his girlfriend last year....his punishment was a $5000 fine and a one match suspension. Illegal assault verses poor form/social misdemeanour/teenage blokey values/dumbar$e immaturity...is this an apple and oranges comparison? Mark Robinson is not a social or legal commentator. He should stick to footy issues.

Would Hurley's circumstance be the better comparison for Bock? Illegal assault, police and courts involved. Fevola has already paid for this...AFL removed him from their latest media whatever it was, and further damage to his reputation. I doubt he cares too much...at least it'd be no surprise if it was all water off the ducks back...
Thanks for the response mate
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:Bingle maybe a bit of a tart. She maybe a media junkie.

If she gets her gear for the camera professionally so be it. Its her job.

But she is entitled to privacy within a "relationship" :roll: even with a meathead, taking a bloody shower for God's sake!

Naysayers herein must not have daughters, because if it was your girl that was the victim here you'd be crying blue murder.

In any event the purpose of the thread is the question....what does Fevola have to do to get the boot out of the AFL? Murder?
Did Ms Bingle ask Alex Fevola for permission to root her husband?

And talking about daughters, what would you think if one of yours slept around with a married bloke with kids?

"Maybe" a bit of a tart? She bloody well is!
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Naysayers herein must not have daughters, because if it was your girl that was the victim here you'd be crying blue murder.

Not a naysayer Filth but to be honest, if I had my daughter grow up like this "village bike" i would hardly be surprised by the latest events. Her old man has probably given up shaking his head in bewilderment.

Guarantee the home sex video is only a matter of time - thats why so much fuss is being made by Bingle and her LAwyers
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Windy_Hill wrote:

Not a naysayer Filth but to be honest, if I had my daughter grow up like this "village bike" i would hardly be surprised by the latest events. Her old man has probably given up shaking his head in bewilderment.

Guarantee the home sex video is only a matter of time - thats why so much fuss is being made by Bingle and her LAwyers
Nah - i reckon the court case has just been raised for publicitys sake. So she can get her 'tell all' mag deal(and that there is something to tell).
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

little_ripper wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Nah - i reckon the court case has just been raised for publicitys sake. So she can get her 'tell all' mag deal(and that there is something to tell).
Just on time.
http://www.3news.co.nz/Nude-photo-scand ... fault.aspx
The very same magazine that sparked a nude photo scandal earlier this week has struck a deal with Australian model Lara Bingle to tell her story.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

FWIW F111, I'm a chick and I still think she's a mole ;) This has nothing to do with the number of sexual partners she may or may not have had, but everything to do with the fact she was shagging a married father.

The pair of them are bogans, with not a great deal going on between the ears. IT has been questioned as to whether this issue causing sudden media interest is in any fashion related to the fact she has a new lawyer.

And... damn straight she has a right to have a shower without being harassed by dickheads. Damn straight he should be allowed to have nudie pics on his phone of his girlfriend without it being a big deal. But when you're 'famous'... the rules change. It's not right but it's the way it is. If you don't want dickheads taking nudie shots of you, don't get nude around dickheads. You only have to open a paper or google his name to know that he's an A grade tosser. If you dont want the media getting hold of pics you've taken, don't send them to all your mates. We all know where that's going to end up.

Pair. Of. Fools.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

j-mac31 wrote:
F111 wrote:It seems the responses here are very "blokey". A mole? Really? Gee, is it still just males that can go around and get a shag?
Stepped outside lately? That's the way it is unfortunately.
Not amongst my crowd...and not for a long time.
Women can chase a shag, just as much as a bloke, it's just that they need to be mindful of 20th century opinion re: the matter.

Unfortunately, you might be more right than me.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Bingle + Max Markson = publicity

Citizen Fevola + camera phone = inevitable druken,sexual bullying

Take you're pick it is all grist for the bogan media.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.